Essential Oils For Acne
If you’ve got stubborn acne, or you’re looking for an alternative to drugstore and over-the-counter acne treatments, you might consider essential oils. They are plant chemicals extracted with steam from stems, roots, leaves, seeds, or flowers.
Plant extracts have a long history in traditional and folk healing, and are regularly studied in modern medicine for their fabled effects, including how they kill bacteria, one of the primary causes of acne. Learn more…
There are hundreds of essential oils with suitable qualities that can be used for acne management, but here’s a list of the best essential oils for acne, pimples, acne scarring and pimple marks. This list is pretty extensive and makes for a really long article, so let’s dive right into it!
(Note: Please consult your doctor/healthcare practitioner before using essential oils. AVOID essential oils particularly if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Avoid using essential oils on new born babies. Here is the list of best essential oils for acne management and treatment.) Read the original content here…
List Of Best Essential Oils For Acne, Pimples & Scarring
1. Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea tree is the number one essential oil antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiseptic, antiviral and disinfectant properties and if you had to choose just one essential oil for acne, tea tree should be your top pick.
2. Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender essential oil is helpful against acne because of its analgesic, antibacterial and antiseptic properties among others. Many people swear by it for healing their acne, while others say it didn’t help at all – this is partly due to lavender being drying for the skin. Dry skin can aggravate acne in some individuals so it pays to test it out on a small portion of your skin before taking it up as a daily routine. For those with oily skin, lavender oil can work wonders in controlling acne breakouts.
3. Basil Essential Oil
Though not as popular, basil is one of the best essential oils for acne due to its strong antibacterial properties, which is why it is a popular remedy for respiratory illnesses like bronchitis, coughs, colds and flu. Basil is potent against acne and skin conditions too. Even fresh basil leaves can be used to make anti-acne face masks.
4. Geranium Essential Oil
Despite its strong flowery scent, geranium essential oil is actually extracted from the leaves of the geranium plant and it has a green color. It is rich in antioxidants and is recommended for aging skin, but is rich in antibacterial compounds that make it effective against acne.
5. Clary Sage Essential Oil
Clary Sage has been used for beauty and cosmetic purposes since historical times, and is a known anti-depressant. Its antiseptic, bactericidal and astringent properties make it a powerful remedy for fighting acne.
6. Chamomile Essential Oil
Chamomile is effective against many types of skin issues and is valuable in calming acne and breakouts. It lightens dark spots and acne scars, too.
7. Oregano Essential Oil
Oregano is said to have the highest percentage of phenols out of all aromatic plants. Phenols are organic compounds characterized for their strong disinfectant properties. Be careful when using oregano oil – always go by the rule, “less is more” as it is known to cause skin irritations in large amounts. But when used safely, oregano essential oil is highly effective against acne.
8. Neroli Essential Oil
Neroli is one of the most loved essential oils in the aromatherapy world due to its pleasant smell, along with its amazing healing properties. It has anti-depressant and anti-anxiety properties and is used to treat headaches too. Its anti-infectious, bactericidal and antiseptic properties make it one of the best essential oils for acne.
9. Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
When it comes to skin care, ylang ylang makes it onto the list of best essential oils for acne as it has antimicrobial and astringent properties, which make it good for oily skin, too.
10. Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense is a gem of an essential oil, dare I say it’s my all time favorite oil in the world. It has amazing healing, revitalizing and invigorating properties that help all skin types keep healthy and youthful. It works wonders against acne and eliminates acne scars and pimple marks.
11. Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary essential oil is effective against acne and inflammation caused by acne bacteria. Apart from its anti-inflammatory properties, it also has antimicrobial properties that can fight full-blown breakouts, as well as stop acne before it forms.
12. Rose Essential Oil
Being highly anti-bacterial, rose essential is a top choice for acne treatment, as its antioxidant, antiseptic and astringent properties make it an all-round healer for pimply and acne-prone skin. It is also effective against acne breakouts caused by hormonal imbalances. Whether you have mild acne or cystic acne, rose essential oil is a therapeutic oil that will bring positive changes to your life as it is anti-depressant and promotes peaceful sleep.
13. Bergamot Essential Oil
Extracted from the skin and rinds of the bergamot orange, this highly potent essential oil is rich in many compounds, which make it effective against many health issues, including acne. It also has skin lightening properties, which will visibly lighten acne scars and blemishes.
14. Lemongrass Essential Oil
The stems and leaves of the lemongrass plant are used to extract the essential oil via steam distillation, resulting in a pale to vivid yellow colored oil that is helpful for acne treatment. Lemongrass oil is rich in Vitamin A, which fosters cell renewal and repair and has important anti-acne properties, and also Vitamin E, which helps lighten acne and pimple scars.
15. Cypress Essential Oil
Extracted through steam distillation of the twigs and needles of the Cypress plant, cypress essential oil has natural astringent properties that help tone the skin and prevent large pores. This essential oil is great for acne sufferers who experience oily skin or over-sweating/precipitation of skin.
DIY Essential Oils For Acne Right At Your Home For FREE
When should you apply essential oils? When you want to say goodbye to acne!
This essential oils acne blend is gentle, effective, and all natural.
It’s made in a base of aloe vera gel (Aloe barbadensis), and includes four essential oils that are known to reduce microbes and support skin (even sensitive skin). It can be such a relief to have an essential oil acne blend, because a lot of skin irritation (and pimples!) can come about as a reaction to harsh chemicals in other products.
I’m using a 2 oz (60 ml) PET plastic bottle with a flip-top for this blend*, and filling it almost all the way with pure aloe vera gel (0:51), leaving a little room for the essential oils. (You don’t have to measure out exactly 2 oz/60 ml! Just fill your bottle most of the way up.)
* 10 drops Patchouli (Pogostemom cablin) (1:09)
* 10 drops Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) (2:24)
* 10 drops Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) (2:47)
* 6 drops Lemon (Citrus limon) (3:14)
You’ll have to shake your essential oil acne blend gently before each use to be sure the essential oils are distributed through the aloe. Then just get a small dab on your fingertip and use it as a spot treatment.
I recommend making this blend fresh every few weeks.
*I usually prefer to use glass with essential oils, but PET plastic is known as a non-reactive plastic that doesn’t leach. In cases when glass isn’t ideal, PET plastic is a good choice.
Original content: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWj-bMTIXTw
Best Essential Oils For Acne & Scarring On Amazon
Rosehip Seed Oil by Kate Blanc. USDA Certified Organic, 100% Pure, Cold Pressed, Unrefined. Reduce Acne Scars. Essential Oil for Face, Nails, Hair, Skin
ABOUT THE PRODUCT
* USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC ROSEHIP ESSENTIAL OIL – Kate Blanc’s Organic Rosehip Seed Oil is certified by USDA and is guaranteed to be authentic, pure, natural, and hexane free. 100% Guaranteed Authentic or FULL REFUND.
* SMOOTHER SKIN & LESS ACNE SCARS: Coldpressed organic rose hip oil’s unique anti-inflammatory properties reduce stretch marks, acne marks, fine lines and scars. It also help with dermatitis, acne and eczema. It works as a natural anti-aging solution by tightening the skin and keeps your face, lips, and body hydrated and supple. It’s also a great facial toner and has beautiful fragrance.
* ANTI-AGING SOLUTION: Rose hip oil is rich in omega-3, omega-6, and fatty acids. These vitamins gives your skin a youthful appearance by accelerating the skin’s cellular activity and slow down your aging process. It also adds shine and body to colored hair, permed hair, or hair that has been damaged by too much sun or cold weather. Virgin and unrefined rosehip seed oil makes great skin massage oil and beauty products and face cream. It’s a great facial oil that goes well under makeup.
* REMOVE DANDRUFF: Cold pressed mosqueta rose hip oil is also great for hair and nails. Rose hip oil can reduce dandruff’s flaking and itching. Kate Blanc’s Rosehip Seed Essential Oil is Certified Organic and is paraben free and cruelty free. It is a great beauty oil and can also be used as a moisturizing cream, hair growth serum, and natural scar removal.
* 100% GUARANTEE AND ONE YEAR WARRANTY – We aim to offer the highest quality and most authentic products. We guarantee your satisfaction. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return it for a FULL REFUND within 365 days. Add to Cart.
SMOOTHER SKIN & LESS ACNE SCARS
Coldpressed organic rosehip oil’s unique anti-inflammatory properties reduce stretch marks, acne scars and fine lines. It is often used as the main ingredient in many hair anti-aging serum to reduce lines and wrinkles and repair skin. It works as a natural anti-aging solution by tighteing the skin and keeps your face, lips, and body hydrated and supple. The result is softer, smoother, and brighter skin.
Rosehip oil also moisturizes and hydrates dry scalps and reduce dandruff and flakes.
100% Pure Australian Tea Tree Essential Oil with 45% Terpinen-4-ol, 1 fl. oz. A Known Solution to Help in Fighting Acne, Toenail Fungus, Dandruff, Yeast Infections, Cold Sores..
ABOUT THE PRODUCT
* AAA+ Grade with 45% Terpinen – This Tea Tree oil belongs to our premium Gold series of oils and has highest quality. Terpinen 4 ol is the major ingredient of Tea Tree oil and this oils has 45% of Terpinen.
* Supreme Quality Essential Tea tree Oil – This Pharmaceutical Caliber Australia Tea Tree Essential Oil is 100% pure, natural, unadulterated and untainted just to keep the efficacy most intact. A purified product of steam distilled fresh leaves. Non-Toxin, No Additives, No Preservatives, Unfiltered and Undiluted with no Fillers and No artificial ingredients added. Therapeutic Grade. Bottled in USA.
* Experience The Result – Try the First Botany Tea Tree Oil Now!
Tea Tree Oil, known by the botanical name Melaleuca Alternifolia, is known to possess antiseptic properties.
The First Botany’s Melaleuca oil is one of the best natural Australian oil and is extracted from the leaves and twigs by steam distillation. Tree Tea Oil is a key ingredient of soaps, creams, lotions, and disinfectants throughout the world.
Tea tree oil is known to be a source of solutions to a lot more than the above household uses. So Try Now with complete confidence and experience Tea tree essential oil 45% Terpinen-4-ol by First Botany to its fullest. Needed in all household ..
ArtNaturals Tea Tree Essential Oil – 4 Fl Oz – 100% Pure and Natural Premium Melaleuca – Therapetic Grade
ABOUT THE PRODUCT
* Art naturals’ tea tree oil is the highest quality oil from Australia, where its therapeutic properties have been known for centuries.
* Tea tree oil’s antiseptic abilities fight and help heal skin irritations, including acne and dandruff.
* Can be used with a carrier oil or in facial washes and shampoos to add healing and deep-cleaning power.
* Used in a diffuser or humidifier, a few drops provide aromatherapy for home or office.
* All ingredients meet art naturals’ 100 percent natural standards, paraben free and cruelty free.